When your company requires temporary mobile offices, your options are a bit limited. In fact, there are really only two viable options: telecommuting and custom storage containers. It may seem like these options offer more limitations than opportunities, the opposite is actually true. Below, we’ll explore a few of the benefits that each of these options offers.
When your office is uninhabitable, one of the first options that might come to mind is telecommuting. For many business owners, this option might seem a little bit scary. It certainly requires an inherent trust between you and your employees! But if you decide that telecommuting is the right option for your temporary office situation, here are some of the benefits it offers:
- Flexibility – Flexibility is the name of the game when it comes to telecommuting. Not only does it mean flexibility in location, it may also mean flexibility in scheduling. For example, if someone needs to attend a medical appointment, they can do so without fear of having to take time off.
- Cost Effective – If cost is one of your primary constraints, then say hello to telecommuting. Not only does this mean you don’t have to look for a suitable office space, it means there are no rent payments to make, either.
Custom Storage Containers
If telecommuting is out of the question for you, it’s time to consider option number two: custom mobile office containers. It might seem a little bit unconventional, but this option certainly has its own set of unique benefits. Let’s look at a few:
- Environmentally Friendly – If the environment is a big factor in your mobile office decision, steel shipping containers are the way to go. Almost 675 shipping containers are lost at sea every year, and many more sit unused. Why not make use of one?
- Easy Transport – Need to pack up shop and move to a different location? Used shipping containers make that an easy job. Designed for mobility, these containers are easily moved from point A to point B.
- Extra Space – A 20-foot long storage container offers plenty of space for a single office. If you’re thinking a larger container would better fit the bill, no worries! There are also 40-foot options for you to choose from.
How Mobile Office Containers Can Improve Your Construction Site
Your construction site might be temporary, but that shouldn’t mean that your office space has to fit inside the bed of a pickup truck. Renting out mobile office containers refurbished from used shipping containers can be a godsend for any construction job.
Why use shipping or storage containers instead of trailers? Simply put, they’re readily available. Of the 17 million shipping containers in the world, only about 6 million are actually in use. That leaves 11 million vacant steel shipping containers that could be converted to offices, homes, pop-up shops, or portable offices.
In addition, your mobile office containers can improve work site productivity, morale, and professionalism. Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll discover from working out of portable office containers:
- Secure storage space. Keep all of your documents in a neat and safe space where they’ll be well protected from the elements. An organized file system can also make finding those documents much easier when you need them.
- Better meetings. When you need to talk with clients or oversight managers about the progress of your work, you’ll want to put your most professional foot forward. Mobile office containers give you a “real office” feel that you simply won’t get from talking inside a vehicle or trying to find a quiet spot on site.
- Work efficiency. Rather than having to commute from a permanent office location to the work site — perhaps multiple times a day — you can keep your mobile office containers directly in the vicinity. This can be crucial when you need to switch back and forth between management and execution on any given day.
- Boost morale. There’s nothing like a quick moment of respite from a hard work day. Employees will appreciate a place to store belongings, or the ability to charge a phone throughout the day. This can add to your workplace environment, making the site a more pleasant place to spend your waking hours.No matter the job, a mobile office is a must. Get what you need with some clever and custom-fitted storage container modifications to make the most of your work site.
Why More & More Businesses Are Using Mobile Offices Made From Shipping Containers
Shipping containers as mobile offices is one of the brightest ideas in today’s business landscape. The advantages are numerous, including the fact that these mobile offices are highly customizable. Let’s take a closer look at this brilliant idea.
Compared to a traditional office space, these mobile office shipping containers are cheap. The cost will be even further reduced if you get a mobile office container instead of spending money on construction.
A totally private and enclosed private office container creates a more favorable working environment. Office containers are said to be a peaceful and pleasant place to work. This is made feasible due to their unique design.
As a company owner, you may alter the interior and even the entire construction of the container depending on what your company requires to make it a perfect workplace for your everyday activities.
Customization is one of the best advantages of a mobile office. As the client, you can decide what you want to be added to the office, like doors, windows, skylights, climate control, interior modifications, locking mechanisms, shelving, container painting, and more. Other options include choosing the size of the office.
The options are legion. These modifications would have taken much longer and cost you much more with a conventional office.
If you’re seeking a more eco-friendly choice for your business, office containers may be able to provide you with sustainable materials that promote reduced carbon emissions and energy waste.
Office containers may be created with vents and walk-in or sliding doors to let natural light and air in, lowering energy use. If you are shopping for climate-controlled containers but also wish to have multiple vents, this is also feasible via modification.
The durability of these mobile office containers means that you can use them for many years, producing less stuff to go to landfills. Not to mention that durability means you can rely on these structures for a long time.
When you consider all the advantages, you realize why more and more businesses are using this option. Mobile office containers provide you with a truly unique and dynamic option.